Portugal D2 Entrepreneur Visa
The D2 or the Immigrant Entrepreneur Visa is for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and independent service providers from outside of the EU and Schengen Area who wish to start (or transfer) a business or startup, or have already invested in a business, in Portugal. If your application is approved, you will be granted residency in Portugal. This will entitle you to live and work in Portugal. It also allows you to travel (but not to relocate) within the Schengen area for work or leisure.
The D2 has several advantages as compared to other European entrepreneurship visas. Unlike the Golden Visa, there are no minimum amount requirements. Although, most immigration firms would advise you to invest at least €5,000 worth of capital to demonstrate the credibility and viability of your proposed business plan. The more money you put into your company, the better your chances of getting a visa. Although this is not a free investment, it is a reasonable amount for many entrepreneurs. The D2 visa is directed at small and medium-sized businesses. Since the main objective of this visa is to raise external resources to help the Portuguese economy develop, you must have a solid business plan.
Who Is Qualified to Apply?
The D2 Visa is open to non-EU/EEA/Switzerland citizens who:
- either want to start a business in Portugal
- or already have a business running in Portugal, but have not yet applied for the vis
So, you must have:
- a solid, well-structured Business Plan
- a viable business
- sufficient capital (Social Capital)
- solid business reasoning for the creation of the business
- proof of the financial resources to support the setup and growth of the business
- proof of experience and connections of business managers in the proposed business area
Get A Qoute
- Unit 2001, 20th Floor, Clover Bay Tower, Marasi Drive, Business Bay, Dubai, UAE
- +971 58 658 5077